"सर्वमंगल मांगल्ये शिवे सर्वार्थ साधिके।
शरण्ये त्र्यंबके गौरी नारायणि नमोस्तुते॥"
With the chanting of above mantra, worship of goddess Durga begins and continues till the tenth day of saka sambath (Lunar calendar of Hindu).
In the treta yug, purostam Bagwan Shree Ram worshiped maa Durga in Rameshwaram when he was on the shore of Indian Ocean. When Lord Rama along with Banar Sena was mobilizing towards Lanka ,he came to halt on the shore of Indian Ocean and pray to goddess Durga for lifting her protection from Ravana,so that he can defeat Ravana and free Mata Sita.
In the Dwapar yug, Pandavas worshiped maa Durga. The tale of worship of goddess Durga in different form can be seen in different yugas. Goddess Durga is a symbol of Power and the victory of good over evil.
In Patna, Durga puja is celebrated with joys. People especially women and girls kept fast during the period of these nine days. Also on the nineth day, there is a tradition of worshipping and treating some delicious food to nine unmarried girls.
On the seventh day, the pat of maa Durga opens for public viewing. From seventh day onward ,huge crowd can be seen on the road to see maa Durga idol. Along with this people enjoy different varieties of food. Mela are organised for people.
As I was roaming on road , I came across different pandals, all of them were beautiful decorated.
I clicked some of the pictures of Maa Durga and pandals......
This pandal is from Sultanpur road,New Mainpura,Danapur Cantoment near Shani temple. I clicked this picture when I went to worship in Shani temple.
This pandals is from Raza Bazzar.....they made an amazing idol of Maa Durga depicting the killing of mahisasur...
Above two pictures are of shekhpura pandals...they have decorated pandals with beautiful flowers and lights....
Above three pictures are from another pandals situated in RajaBazzar .....they also have their theme....... depicting victory of good over evil......
Above three pictures are from khajpura pandals. They made pandals on theme of Italian parliament.. you can see that it resembles Italian parliament look...
I clicked above three pictures, when I visited jagdeo path. As you can see it ,they made there pandal on budha.
Some day before there was heavy rain in Patna which causes flood and water logging in some part of Patna. Due to flood and water logging,some pandals which are offering help to needed people.... are raising funds.....for .... needed people...













Very good photos inspiring our indian culture and tradation with lots of happiness
ReplyDelete